- Collection and Use of Personal Information
- A. Account Information. When you register as a Member with the Service, we will ask you to provide us with your personal information, including as applicable your name, e-mail address, physical address, gender and birth date. You can opt whether or not to provide additional personal information when establishing your account, such as personal preferences and likes and dislikes relating to health and wellness activities. We may also receive personal information from other websites with which we partner or link, such as Facebook or other social networks, if you register through those services.
- C. Use of IP Addresses. Fix Your Health may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our service. Your IP address may be used with the IP addresses of other members to gather broad demographic information.
- E. Contests and Surveys. From time to time, we may run contests and promotions and conduct online surveys in which we ask you for contact information. We use contact data from our contests and surveys to send you information about our services and promotional material from some of our business partners. You may opt-out of receiving future e-mails relating to contests and surveys; see the choice/opt-out section below.
- Use and Disclosure of Information
- A. Provision of Goods and Services. Fix Your Health will use the personal information you provide to alert you of new services, features and enhancements relating to the Site or Service, respond to your support issues, and/or notify you of upgrade opportunities, contests, promotions, and special offers. If you request any technical support, you consent to our remote access and review of your computer for purposes of support and debugging. You agree that we may communicate with you via email and any similar technology for any purpose relating to the Site or Service. If you are a member of a group, we may send you announcements and newsfeeds related to your Group and posted by the Group administrator.
- C. Other Uses. We may also:
- (a) Disclose your personal information to companies who work on behalf of or with Fix Your Health to provide the Service. Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personal information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- (b) Enhance or merge the personal information collected by us with data received from third parties.
- (c) Release personal information and/or other information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state, federal or international laws or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
- (d) Disclose personal information and/or other information about you that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our agreements, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of the Site or Service, and protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Fix Your Health our users or others.
- Other Terms
- A. Profiles/Public Spaces. Information you provide for your Profile page may be accessed and viewed publicly unless you choose otherwise through the Service. Only your legal name is required to be shown publicly on your Profile page. It is your option to show or not show the other Profile Information publicly on your Profile page. Please remember that any information disclosed in publicly accessible areas of the Service will be disclosed to third-parties and become public information. As with any social networking service, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal or proprietary information.
- B. Usage of Fix Your Health by Children. Fix Your Health does not knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen (13) to sign up for an account on the Service or to otherwise disclose any of their personal information to us. If you are under 13 years old, please do not use or access our Service. We do not intend to collect information about children under the age of 13. If we later obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user’s information from our systems. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 whom you believe has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may delete and remove the child’s information from our systems.
- C. Choice/Opt-Out. We may provide you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving certain communications from us and our business partners during registration or otherwise from time to time as you use the Service. Even if you opt out of such communications, however, we reserve the right to send you e-mail and other communications to disclose maintenance and other service-related issues applicable to the Site or the Service.
- D. User Information Correction/Update. You may access, update and/or correct your account information at any time by clicking the “edit my profile” button on your profile page. You may need to supply certain information so that we can try to verify that you have authority to modify this information.
- E. Third-Party Sites. The Site or Service may contain links to other Internet sites. We have no responsibility for the privacy practices of other Web sites, including the Web sites of Facilities or Instructors, even if linked through to our Service. Our privacy policies do not apply to your use of such sites or information you may provide on such sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any web site you may access through the Site or Service.
- F. Legal Requirements. We are committed to protecting your privacy as described in this policy while also fulfilling our responsibility to uphold all applicable laws and regulations. Due to potential legal requirements and other possible circumstances, we cannot ensure that all of your private communications and other personally identifiable information will never be disclosed or accessed in ways not otherwise described in this policy. We may be compelled under law to disclose information to government or third parties under certain circumstances or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Further, we can, and you hereby authorize us to, disclose any information to law enforcement or other government officials that we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in compliance with the law.
- G. Sale of Company or Assets. In the event that all or part of Fix Your health is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, you agree that we may transfer or assign the information we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
- I. Security. We will use reasonable security measures on the Site and Service to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information under our control. Additionally, Fix Your Health takes reasonable steps to ensure that our third party business partners, including our hosting partners, provide sufficient protection for personal information.